9 Harsh Anime Truths
It's a hard otaku life out there, from virtual boyfriends to virtually no end to One Piece. And while we all prefer to live in fandom bliss, here are 9 undeniable truths of our favorite medium:
1. Gundams are not practical weapons and will never be produced
Even if his shoes ARE on point.
2. Most of your favorite anime’s universes are terrible places to live in
Over one hundred years prior to the beginning of the story, giant humanoid creatures called Titans suddenly appeared and nearly wiped out humanity, devouring them without remorse or reason. What remains of humanity now resides within three enormous concentric walls. Inside these walls, humanity has lived in peace for one hundred years; many people growing up without ever having seen a Titan.
This all changes when one day, a giant 60-meter (200 ft)-tall Titan mysteriously appears after a strike of lightning and breaches the outer wall of the Shiganshina district, a town at Wall Maria, allowing the smaller Titans to invade the district.
3. The anime you want to have another season will probably never get one
Don't even get me started on Skip Beat!. The anime hasn't aired in 8 years and is likely to not get another season. Fangirls around the world are weeping.
4. Liking Lolis will get you jail time
^Because in real life, she is 17. There! I said it!
5. You wasted a significant part of your life watching Goku arrive at battles
Kaaaa-meee-haaameeh- oh forget it.
6. You will never see the end of One Piece
And now a moment of silence for the fallen.
7. You will never meet a girl with purple eyes
Shall I go on?